Dr. Kirby Johnson was born and raised in Minnesota. He graduated first in his class from the University of Minnesota with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery in 1986. Dr. Johnson went on to complete a four-year residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota before joining OMS Specialists in the Twin Cities.
Dr. Johnson has devoted his professional career to removal of teeth, anesthesia, implants and grafting. To keep abreast of the latest developments, he attends multiple local and national continuing education courses with emphasis on implants. He has received continuing education through Per-Ingvar Branemark, recognized worldwide as the father of modern dental implantology. In 2013, he traveled to Lisbon, Portugal to study the All-on-Four implant technique with its founder, Dr. Paulo Malo. He also received training in zygomatic implants from Dr. Ed Bedrossian, a highly recognized expert in the field.
He has been married to his wife Beth for 30 years. They have 3 children Charlie, Nils and Annika. He enjoys golfing, snowmobiling, skiing, snowboarding, and traveling when he's not in the operatory.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Minnesota Dental Association (MDA)
- Minnesota Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association (ACPA)
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Minneapolis District Dental Society
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Caring & Sharing Hands Dental Clinic
- Give Kids A Smile
- University of Minnesota Cleft Palate Department, Clinical Associate Professor
- Maple Grove Hospital
- North Memorial Medical Center
- Ridgeview Medical Center